This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Notice

Continue to site
cookie constent image

How can we help?

General queries

I have additional needs – what assistance can you provide?

Your energy supplier has given us details of any residents in your building who may have additional needs – such as being hard of hearing or visually impaired.

If you need any additional support to communicate with us, please let us know and we will do our best to help.

You may wish to name another person (such as a carer, friend or relative) who we can contact about your account on your behalf. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this by contacting us. 

We offer additional services to our residents who may require additional support. These include bill nominees, priority attendance, password protected appointments, and alternative communication formats. If you feel you need access to these services and identify as any of the following, please get in touch with your heat provider to be registered:

  • Over the age of 70 years old
  • With mental and/or physical disabilities
  • With long-term/chronic illness
  • Visually or hearing impaired

Other circumstances, such as bereavement, may give rise to vulnerability and will be taken into consideration. We keep a record of all vulnerable customers in our Priority Services Register (PSR), which will be shared with your heat provider.

You may also be eligible for benefits, grants and help offered by the Government. A full list of available support with energy bills can be found on


We will never share your account or payment details with anyone unless you tell us to.

Sometimes our engineers may need to visit your home, to carry out routine maintenance on your metering system or energy meter. Our engineers will always be wearing Insite Energy branded clothing and identification badges, but for extra peace of mind we can tell them to use an agreed password whenever they visit. You can choose your own password and change it whenever you like by contacting our team.

Click here to view our Vulnerable Resident Policy.

I’d like to change my energy supplier. I don’t want to be with Insite Energy.

Insite Energy is not your energy supplier. We are a metering, billing and payments company for residents who are connected to a heat network in their building.

The energy supply for your building is arranged by your energy provider, who is usually your building owner or landlord. They are responsible for sourcing the energy for your home. Unlike the supply to an individual gas boiler, residents on a heat network cannot choose their energy supplier.

Why are you referring me to my heat supplier? Can’t you help?

Your energy supplier has appointed Insite Energy to monitor and charge you for the heating and hot water you use. In some cases, we will also monitor and bill for cold water, electricity, and air conditioning.

Unfortunately, Insite Energy won’t be able to respond to queries about anything other than looking after your metering account. We will always try our best to help you, there may be occasions where you will need to contact your energy supplier.

If you are unsure about who supplies your heat, please consult your Insite Energy welcome brochure that you received when you moved in, or search for information tailored to your development by searching for your address on the ‘My development’ page.

Why haven’t I received a reply to my enquiry?

We’re sorry if you haven’t had a response to your email. We always aim to reply to emails within 24 hours, however, during busy periods it can take a little longer.

If your enquiry is urgent, please call your dedicated customer services team to get an immediate response. You can find the dedicated support number for your building by searching for your address on the 'My development' page.

What financial support is available to me?

If you are struggling to pay your bills or need help setting up a payment plan, please call your scheme-specific phone number, which can be found on the 'My home' page. We also recommend contacting your heat provider.

If you require independent advice, we recommend contacting one of the below advice agencies:

You may also be eligible for benefits, grants and help offered by the Government. For instance, if you were born before 26th September 1956, you may be eligible for a Winter Fuel Payment which could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills. A full list of available support with energy bills can be found on Unfortunately, heat networks are not covered by the Warm Home Discount Scheme as this only applies to electricity accounts.

I need a refund, what do I do?

If at any time you want a refund from us, please get in touch. You can submit your request either:

  • By completing our refunds webform here
  • Calling us through your dedicated scheme number found here.
  • In writing to:
  • Insite Energy
  • Studio 4, Stuart House
  • St. John’s Street
  • Peterborough
  • PE1 5DD

We’ll look to review your refund within five (5) working days. If for any reason we cannot accept your refund, we will be in touch within this time.
If your refund is approved, we will aim to process your refund within five (5) working days. Your refund will be paid back to the payment card or bank account used to make the initial payment.
For further information on our refund process, please read our policy here.

Insite Energy, Studio 4 Stuart House, St John’s Street, Peterborough, PE1 5DD

Insite Energy is registered by the FCA for anti-money laundering.